Friday 8 January 2016

Next stop: Grenada

Aaaaaahhh.. I am so excited! I have just booked my flight to Grenada, the next place on my bucket list, departing on 4th February 2016.



As I was told, this is one of the most beautiful islands in the southeast Caribbean Sea, popular for its rum and chocolate, but also the colourful carnival in August, which I'll unfortunately miss this time. 


Even though, I thought this trip couldn't be more exciting - it can, as I will be staying on a sailing boat for three weeks and so be able to return to some of my already discovered Caribbean happy places, like Tobago, with the breath taking horse shoe rief. (say whaaaat!) 
But I will not spend my whole time with sailing. By exchanging travel tips with friends, I found out that there is this weekly hash, a kind of treasure hunt leading across the island to the most hidden and untouched spots, which I will definitely check out, besides pursuing my newly discovered passion for kite surfing and body boarding further.

One of my happy places in Martinique
But to keep myself from exploding of happiness and excitement right now, I will stop this here and start counting the days: 29 to go. 
Then we'll find out if my buzz was justified and what else this beautiful island has to offer. If it'll join my list of happy places? We'll find out soon!

See ya!

Love, 
Em