Wednesday 20 January 2016

Preparing for Grenada II

Having been on happy pills for the last week makes me feel as if I will handle the flight in two weeks just fine. Although, I had some problems with the side effects at first, feeling sick and dizzy all day, it now operates well. However, I still can't believe they put me on that kind of medication. I never thought I would ever need them. But well, here I am with my happy pills. Feeling good and prepared.

ginger me matching the grand canyon

So, next up on my travel preparation list is my sun allergy. As a ginger (yes, I am naturally red headed, have freckles and could be a vampire according to my skin tone - except I'm not sparkling like Edward Cullen when I'm in the sunlight) an allergic reaction to intense sunlight is almost preprogrammed in my genes. Hence, whenever I'm facing the sun I get red and swollen arms with ugly, itchy and burning blisters all over them - YUK!! 
But not on my watch - not anymore!

Again, I went to see a doctor (guess the people at the health insurance already love me...aah NOT - for seeing multiple doctors in a week, haha) and for the first time they checked and prepared me properly. As, the last time I have consulted a medic about my sun allergy he told me that I probably have just touched a poisonous plant and that there's nothing to do about it. No wonder that I'm not very keen on seeing doctors!! Pf! 

Saint George, here I come! 

But this time they really took time to see me and gave me a diet plan to detox, drops, creams and cortisone pills for the worst case. Goodbye sun allergy and off to my personal favorite point of the preparation list - shopping! 

See ya, 
Em